Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves keeping and/or sharing certain web content on a web hosting server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are various kinds of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's explore these. Thus, you can decide what you need, based on whether you desire to launch a site, mails, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service provided by given web hosts, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file hosting plans are frequently supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely incorrect interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the load between individual groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous website hosting services (email, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain companies offer a hosting solution for images only. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a great number of pics with buddies or colleagues since the solution is typically free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to handling your e-mail aliases. Some suppliers provide website hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting service. If you want to have an email address with your domain name but do not wish to have a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can set up email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and a few hundred site visitors, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to have a web site. To a certain extent, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mails, upload videos, and so on. At Bruhin Solutions, for example, you can take a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting services that permit you to have all of the abovementioned services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the kind of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the normal email/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for specific content exclusively.