I do publish columns by guest authors from time to time. If you have an idea for a column, or an article you’d like published, feel free to send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I welcome insights and points of view other than my own and am often taken by a shiny idea.
The average article runs between 500 and 1,000 words, though longer or shorter can sometimes work if it’s catchy. However, that length tends to work best for this particular medium.
I do a light edit for spelling, grammar and format, but in the main I do not mess with what you wrote.
For guest columns, I put up a notice that I’m reprinting your work with permission. You retain your full rights.
I encourage you to submit the column with a bio and a link to your site if you have one. I understand that you might want to use a pen name, so warn me of that if you want to use one.
Articles I would like to see:
- Poly parenting
- Poly in various stages of life — from early adulthood (18+ only please!) through the aging process
- Personal stories about poly life that illustrate what works for you and what doesn’t.
- Political activism in the poly arena.
Articles you’ll need to find another venue for:
- Anything that combines sexuality and religion.
- Poly and sexual fetish.
- If you have been practicing poly for less than a year and are sure you’ll never run into trouble because you’ve got it all figured out. (But if you still have after five years, do go ahead and send the article. I could use the advice <grin>).
Humor is always good, but keep in mind the title of the column — snarky works better than fluffy. If it reads like relationship advice in popular women’s magazines, I probably can’t use it.
2 thoughts on “Submit a Guest Column!”
Hello wise dragon – no Guest Column – I just wanted to let you know that I have added your great blog to my links page.