Since we’re coming on to the end of 2012, I thought maybe a roundup of the most popular posts on the Polyamorous Misanthrope this year might be useful. The FAQ and About pages did show up in my stats’ top ten, but I hardly think they should count.
10. No Seriously, I Really AM Polyamorous – A reader wrote in asking what to do when her partner was hoping she’d grow out of being polyamorous.
9. You Don’t Have to Do It – For all that I am polyamorous and utterly happy as a poly person, it is not for everyone! This article talks about reasons why you might or might not want to participate in a poly/mono relationship.
8.Overcoming Insecurities — Derived from a kind prompt from a reader of the blog, who suggested, “How about some suggestions on working with your partner to overcome insecurities?”
7. On Gaslighting –To spin The Prince up, gaslight him. He wrote an article about gaslighting and creeping concessions. (For the record, I did not coin the phrase. Chalk that up to a partner who is proud of his partner’s way with words).
6. The Key Factor to Polyamory Relationship Success – This is my personal favorite. It sometimes pisses people off. That’s not why it is my favorite. I like it because it distills some of my core beliefs about human development.
5. Jealousy and Abandonment Issues in Polyamory – Being poly doesn’t mean you’re not human. Humans sometimes feel insecure, jealous or what have you. We have to work on that.
4. How to be Poly-Friendly – An article by Pepper Mint. This also holds the record for the longest article on the blog!
3. Love Has No Boundaries – I asked the polyamory community a question, so the article’s popularity is either because the title has a fairly common keyword phrase in the title, or because the answers in the comments are Just That Good. (I think the latter).
2. Ten Tips to Great Poly Relationships – Okay, I confess. I did write this specifically to SEO format, knowing damned well how we Internet readers likes us some lists. (Notice that I do include myself in that!) Even so, the ideas in it are for real.
1. The Care and Feeding of Unicorns — I didn’t write this. Cinema Babe did and it has consistently been the most popular article on the site for three years and no wonder! It’s fantastic.
Do you have a favorite polyamory article? Polyamorous Misanthrope or not, I’d love to know what’s been on your reading list for poly material and why.
I hope all of you have a fantastic 2013 full of love and joy.
2 thoughts on “The Polyamorous Misanthrope 2012 Top Ten”
I went and checked out the GasLighting column and noticed that the footnotes aren’t proper links; they refer to your hardrive. Of course, one can always scroll down and find them but clicking on the  does nothing.
I am going to presume you wanted to be helpful and thank you for that. Since it is clear that being helpful is your only possible motivation you wouldn’t REALLY want to make a pathname with my computer’s username more public than I did by accident. (I write these things in Word and post them, as its simpler). That’s why I edited your comment. Otherwise I wouldn’t have considered it, and I hope you’ll forgive me.